Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Photobucket

Whats up? The answer can lead in any direction.
I just had n incredible weekend, with such swell people! Dawna & Jade came to visit me! We checked out Death By Stereo, which was a very nostalgic evening for me. It was 8 years ago where Jade & I took off hitch hiking to Thunder Bay JUST to see Death By Stereo. We hitched seperately, and Jade arrived as soon as the first band started to play. Word got around how two young girls busted ass to attend this show, and to our surprise Efrem from DBS thanked us through out their entire set. I made it a point to see DBS once a year after this....but after 4-5 years of committing to that, I fell short. The last DBS album "death for life" holds a lot of crazy memories for me....mostly nights of walking through vancouver, over bridges and down the dirty streets just to pass time before coming back to ontario to tour.

Anyyyhow, I had to work friday and was too tired to stick around to see shitty strung out. Friday Cass Ettes were suppost to play an acoustic set at skajeff's moving out gathering, but we simply were not ready to play in front of people. We've only jammed once since Jennii has been back in ontario and really, we need a lot of jam-time to sound like we did in 2007. But yeah, the gathering was rad shit. Its been a long fucking time since ive drank until 6am...let alone drink until 6am, walk an hour home in the rain, and work at 9:30am.....my night could have been a whole lot better if i didnt have to work though....ermmm. Either way, seeing jade
& dawna was awesome :) <3

Photobucket

shes going to be pissed i posted a photo of her. I think shes the first person i've ever full on forgiven. Its weird to think about how far we've come as friends, and how far we have to go. But I think everything turns out in our favour in the end. <3

My life went from boring and nothing, to busy as fuck & when will i find time to hang out. Three times a week i work 12 hour shifts, yoga on mondays, gym tues-weds-thurs, tennis on weekends, plus all the cass ette shit.....i feel like my life has purpose just due to the fact that im so busy. I also bought a cello, so im going to take some cello lessons to help me out!!!

I can honestly say my life has never felt so "normal". My job is perfect, my friends are awesome and I have a band again. I actually feel like an "Adult" for once....and its a weird fucking feeling. My mood & anxiety has been really "controlled" as of late, and though i cant pin point any one thing thats helping me, I really think its the fact im taking St.Johns Wort every day. Im trying really hard to eat properly too, and i think that adds to why im so content. Its crazy to think that things can be treated through proper nutrition, but the more i look into it the more im convinced....and really, it seems/sounds pretty obvious. Wish i would have realized it before though.

fuck, i gotta stop chewing my nails. UGH!

2 comments:

  1. i am dead jealous you bought a cello! i have been dreaming of one for a while and may rent one from kessler.

    btw - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dude!!! Im only going to keep it for a cass ette tune, but ill probably sell it in like 6 months, it was uber cheap!

    ReplyDelete