Monday, May 18, 2009

I just had 3 days off and i did a whole lot of "fuck all". Friday i hit up ska jeffs for a gathering & that was pretty swell! I got drunk enough to have a permanent smile, then drank a shit load of water for the rest of the evening. On saturday i went to see this movie called ONE WEEK. Its about a guy who finds out he has stage 4 cancer, so he buys a motorcycle and bikes across canada. Kind a generic story line really, but i really enjoyed the movie. During the previews there was this movie called ANVIL, a documentary about the metal band doing a tour after like 20 years of not playing. The preview itself basically brought me to tears because of typical band shit you see them go through.....just shit i can relate to, and in a lot of ways it reminded me of being with KFF- then again, it doesnt take much to remind me of those days.

I always think about this one time in particular, for no reason really....anything can just make this memory appear. On our way on tour, back when jerry was still in the band, we were driving and the song "lean on me" came on....we all started singing along, making complete asses out of ourselves. But at that moment in time, it felt like this would be forever. I feel like so many of us played such an important part of that band, and so many are now long forgotten.

Anywaysss, other weekend i went to go see Atmosphere......i keep talking about it a lot, but in all honesty it was one of the best shows i've ever been to. He played a shit load of tunes i know & love, and thoughthe crowd was full of college kids, it was energetic and no bullshit happened. I danced and rhymed off lyrics like nobodies business, and it felt great being surrounded by strangers, making a fool of myself.
Photobucket

I spent today roaming around town with Miss Verch. We checked out her & brando's apartment, and im really stoked for them to move into their new home! Moving is hectic, and a pain in the arse....but i love new apartments, rearranging things and creating a new environment for yourself.....i dig it.
Photobucket

I really want to buy a new digital camera..... but there are better ways to be spending my money these days. Preparing all our Cass Ette shit will be quite costly, and getting ready to play shows in August. Im super excited for our house show with the Rough Sea (at ska jeffs may 29th). It'll be a nice way to meet friends and jam, and drink our faces off.....hahaha. Even more exciting news about that show is that Jade, Dawna & Couch will be visiting!

Im finally tired and need to sleep, as im working 12 hour days again this week.....ahhhh!!! (i keep telling myself its worth it!, and it is.....$$$) Im stoked for holidays in july!
Photobucket

i love this photo of Ella! I made her this really lovely necklace with mother of pearl, flourite & sea glass. She rocks it all the time.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment