Tuesday, April 28, 2009

good times, had 'em all week.....

I guess thats a semi-lie.
I have no idea what ive been doing lately. My weekends consist of visits from north bay friends, and my weeks consist of constant work. I havent updated this thing in what feels like forever, and Couch gladly reminded me of this last week. I promised her i would update it....a week ago. (sorry couch!) I dont know why but i just dont feel like writing, and thats just fucking weird for me. I generally write every day.....my writers block has continuously gotten worse over the year. No new songs, no new fuck all. I hate to say it, but the stuff i have written has been about the same people, the same situation, and shit thats out of my control. You would think that once someone was out of your life that you'd just move on, but its so not the case. Its hard to believe how fast things change....how fast you become important to someone, and how fast they discard you like trash. A lot of the shit thats happened the past two years has fucked me up......I cant make friends because of it, and i cant even be in a happy relationship with someone super fucking rad because im scared shitless to give myself to anyone. One day, ill get over my past and move the fuck on.

in the end, im glad this dude is still my friend :)
Photobucket

On the night this photo was taken I went out with Steph, Aaron & Brando. We hit up the RnR Pizza Party at the Royal Oak, had a drink, made fun of this chick who kept farting and then we took off to the good ol' Dominion and got shitfaced. This was also our fight night, where some chick started a fight with steph and I kinda jumped in being like "thats my friend bitch!".....ohhhh good times.
Photobucket

Lately I've taken on a third kid. Another little boy, who's 3....hes pretty rad. His mom is from spain and shes a really rad lady, but i felt she really needed some help with this little guy as he bullies her around alot. This is about my 6th day with him, and the twins are starting to be OK with sharing me. Anyhow, so i grabbed the mail and found a lovely cheque from the government addressed to MOI for a large amount of money. Needless to say, im fucking stoked. I seriously stopped breathing for a minute. I was at a point where i was pretty poor, and having tp pay shit off and i was getting behind in other shit, plus paying for recording and tour stuff.....it was stressing me out.....but im kinda fucking in the clear now....its a good feeling. And for once, i will NOT waste this money on booze and weed and partying......well maybe this weekend with Couch & Jade....BUT, Im playing the "responsible role" for once.

Photobucket

Couch has come to visit me in Ottawa pretty much once a month. I must say its pretty great and makes me not so lonely being here (so does hanging with steph) Its weird going from knowing everyone & having someone to hang out with at anytime, to not knowing anyone and your best friends are 3 year olds. I kind of needed this though. I wished to be in a place where no one knows my name, and here i am.....so who says you dont get what you wish for?

Anywaysss, the other weekend Dawna came to visit me. It was relaly rad seeing her and being able to spend 1:1 time with that kid! We took some mushrooms and hung out on a rock all night. It was awesome...we bought all these groceries and just had a wicked picnic with beer and some joints.....we laughed so hard and so much our bodies hurt like the hell the next day. That saturday we went to go see Murder By Death, and to be honest....it felt just like it did 4 years ago when we took that hitch hiking trip around ontario following that band.
Photobucket

CASS ETTES!!!!! So Jennii is moving back to ontario end of May! She'll be going to school in Toronto, which means we will be rockin' out randomly and making shit happen. Her friend Chris Ray mastered our old EP "drive or you'll kill us" and then her and Chris edited live recordings from 2007 so we'll have two NEW cds for people to listen to!!!! Then in July we'll be recording newer songs with Jon Parolin in North Bay. Thennnn in August we have a couple of shows we're playing around Ontario!!!! Im pretty excited!!! Its pretty fucking surreal to think that we've put so much time and work into this band over the last 5-6 years and just NOW we will have something to show for it....something to give our friends!!!! Not to mention Jennii has been working hard on lots of new Merch!!!! Its an intense feeling to say the least!

Im so fucking ignorant. I dont care about political drama and i dont care about the swine flu. Is it bad i leave everything up to fate? If it happens, then it happens. Maybe the swine flu will make me famous.


Anyhow, check out www.myspace.com/nobodu next week and we'll have new tracks up!!!!!
and i promise to post more and quit being lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment